They're nice photo's. i think i'm going to have to disagre with the other two, i think i like how everyone is interacting on the 2nd photograph. Although everyone is placed nicely on the 1st photo too. its a hard one to pick! hmm!
Look the portrait at home is a really difficult thing to get right, more so when there is more than one person and treble that again when their are kids. This family will just love these shots and that is a really important thing to remember. If I was doing this family and indeed any other similar group I would be less inclined to use full-frontal lighting, I know it's flattering and that is an important thing to remember but it does flatten the whole image. The shot on the right particularly has a bit of 'on-camera flash' look to it, ie. flat lighting, light in front and darker at the rear. Let's reafirm that these shots work well in the genre intended. Try some side lit shots or at least Rembrandt-like available light in the next series.
Nice Helen - I think I like the left one best, but both look quite natural and relaxed. They're both nice shots!
ReplyDeleteBoth photos are great Helen, but I'm with Kate I prefer the one on the left. I really like the positioning of each different person!
ReplyDeleteThey're nice photo's. i think i'm going to have to disagre with the other two, i think i like how everyone is interacting on the 2nd photograph. Although everyone is placed nicely on the 1st photo too. its a hard one to pick! hmm!
ReplyDeleteLook the portrait at home is a really difficult thing to get right, more so when there is more than one person and treble that again when their are kids. This family will just love these shots and that is a really important thing to remember. If I was doing this family and indeed any other similar group I would be less inclined to use full-frontal lighting, I know it's flattering and that is an important thing to remember but it does flatten the whole image. The shot on the right particularly has a bit of 'on-camera flash' look to it, ie. flat lighting, light in front and darker at the rear. Let's reafirm that these shots work well in the genre intended. Try some side lit shots or at least Rembrandt-like available light in the next series.
ReplyDelete